. Mark Basa - Sydney Designer - feature with Video



    Mark Basa is the 21 year old Australian designer and the name of his own Sydney based label. With a plus that all garments at 100% Australian Made. In the above video, he discusses how he started his label, processes, aesthetics, inspiration, tips and more.

    His cool range is dramatic - and are definitely statement pieces that are suited for people who are not afraid to try something different and wants to stand out. I particularly like the Baboon on black tee (below)- it's vibrant and exciting with colour. Something I see wearing going to a party. Personally I love to stand out from a crowd and be remembered, but of course I also love subtle conservativeness too. So for example I would wear the baboon tee paired with a black blazer and black skinnies. That would definitely give subtle-ness but also a bang.

    Also after talking to Mark, I discovered he is also a model! So that's kinda awesome too. multi talentedness. I have to say though, when I first visited his site/facebook, I thought he was a model of the clothes, but then found out he was the designer! I can't go without saying that his ink tattoos are amazing! I love them! The tattoos seem to be like art that grows on him - especially the roses.

    Take a look at a couple of his items from his label and modeling pictures of himself below.

    To book him as a model click here
    For his model portfolio click here



    From his range:





    Mark Basa himself



    Mark Basa will be showcasing at the Fashion Forward Festival Sydney on the 7th - 9th May 2010.

    To check out more of Mark Basa's cool new stuff, find out more about Australia's emerging & independent fashion designers & to support AIDS research & awareness head on down to the free fashion cultural event. For more info log onto www.fashionforwardfestival.com.au

Total Pageviews