PETAR PETROV SS11 : Q&A





    (Due to my busyness of study and all this little interview I had done with Petar Petrov has only now finally been put up on my blog. I am so sorry this has happened haha. I feel this is out of date. But all in all still the same season at least!)

    In the AW 10 collection, Petrov had limited the colour pallete to mostly black and white, which is perfectly normal that he has chosen some nice earthy colours in his SS 11 collection. What I love about the collection is the clean and simple colours. The light and the dark blues and light creams compliment each other well with the maroon which I personally love. I quite like the fact that the neckline is closed gives the simplicity to it. The collection feels like you can wear this comfortably on the beach and strolling in the streets with the breeze blowing.

    The fact that the models are smiling which was intended by Petrov really shows the comfort the clothes will give the wearers who would buy them.


    Q&A

    What was your inspiration for this season's collection?
    "I woke up this morning and the sun was shining. I woke up this morning and I went back to bed! I know this world is gonna spin whether I get up or I sleep in … Yeah!"

    How do you feel about it?
    Good, HAPPY:)

    Was there a particular silhouette?
    The silhouettes have a bit more volume on certain places, like pants, or t-shirts; the pants are not too narrow, and the necklines are closed

    Is there anything different from previous seasons?
    Yes i think so, more new textile developments more colours... also some kind of new colour language...

    I noticed all the models smiling down the runway, why did you choose for them to smile?
    I think that people think about fashion too seriously, but it's only fashion...

Total Pageviews