MIMCO INTERPRETATION II | WHISPERS & ANARCHY

    Photography & Styling: Darren Luk (BOY MOMENTS)
    Make Up: Niña Zozobrado
    Model: Pia
    Clothes and Accessories: Orbit Eclipse Neck by Mimco; Pleats Pants by Lovers&Collaborators; The Rique Dress by Brooke Daniels; Tacka Coat by Pol, Crosby Jacket by Cooper St. All other clothing stylists own.

    I was honoured to be asked by Mimco for the second time (my first Mimco interpretation here) to interpret their collection Whispers & Anarchy, which I enjoyed, despite the fact I only had one hour to shoot because of the rain. I chose the Orbit Eclipse Neck piece to style because I love accessories!

    The story and muse of this collection is of a diva from another dimension who has veered off course and stumbled into our lives. She is a time traveler and her mission is to research and explore the last 50 years of fashion on our planet. She has mastered our language, and human movement, but lost her guide on how to look and dress. She has come to me for help in her appearance, allowing her to travel from present day to the fifties and back.

    Yet again, I have tried to make the character a bit androgynous and choosing someone with a darker skin tone to contrast the neck piece. I drew different aspects for inspirations from different periods of time, in our last 50 years of fashion. I have mixed the 80's shoulder pads look, sheer and black lips, with wide legs pants from the 70s and fitting a little bit of 60's boyish slicked hair, also a kind of Twiggy feel with the mini black dress with the coat. To me, our time traveler is almost alien like, and she is well aware of her new surroundings. I have chosen to photograph in nature, because, as building and infrastructures change within time, nature and plants, change the least and I think shooting at Centennial Park, gives a timeless feeling, and a place where it can transport her from one decade to the other.

    It was overall a little hectic to get the shots doing the styling and photographing myself aswell as DIY hair with no hairstylist. Most of the time we spent hiding under a big tree because the weather had a sudden change and started pour with rain within minutes of starting. But with my little rant there haha, I am happy with these shots and I hope they are okay! What do you think?

    Thanks to my friend who modelled for me, withstanding the blazing cold and to my make up artist!!

    Those pleat pants are soo amazing!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews