BAM BRANDS


    JAMIE FAME








    SERPENT AND THE SWAN











    SOSUME







    DAN JONES







    BURN BRIDGES




    MERCURIALIST







    DESIGN BY JUDE




    STAMPD







    VANGUARD





    On Monday, I took a visit to the pop up BAM BRANDS at Chalk Horse which went for 2 days. It was a great showcase that was original in an environment mixing fashion with art (there were works of Jasper Knight). Posted up here are the images of the labels I adored.

    Jamie Fame was a favourite of mine and was the first label I laid my eyes upon. They are simplistic and have great prints on their tees and minimal tanks with different cuts and use of high quality fabric. You should watch this label. I think its the next Ksubi!

    It was great seeing Hayley & Lauri Smith from Serpent and the Swan again. The previous time was at Fashion Forward. Those girls are so down to earth and artistic - as a result their design is unique and individual from anything else I have seen before in terms of intricate details- as you can see in the pictures of those horse hoofs and wolf heads. I love their colour palette with black and salmon/peachy colour. ( read interview i did with them awhile back here)

    Sosume - I love! I have previously seen their collections online, however they only worked with monochromes in past seasons. The pieces that will be coming out soon will include a move into a few other colours but still keeping it very staple and basic -the signature of the label. I really love the bat wing shirt, that you can't actually see here.

    Dan Jones blew me away with his hand work. The sequin jumper. GIVE ME NOW! His pieces are dramatic but simplistic. - (I've used the word simplistic so many times in this post.. I should probably look in the thesaurus for a new word). He used feathers that are hand sewn piece by piece on a very simple cut dress. That's just one piece! Imagine all his other pieces! He showed at RAFW at MCA - so this is the label to watch ! Bold but black!

    Burn Bridges was a label that made me want to take away the whole suitcase. I love the fact they have based pieces on Shakespearean characters and the look of them really reminded me of the plays I studied. Especially the Othello ring!

    Mercurialist - a new label really intrigues me with their leather bags and jewellery. I loved the way they have weathered and worked the leather of the bags. The textures are great and it's high quality of a decent price. Their jewellery is in test tubes and i was just attracted to it! It gives that extra touch to the jewellery itself. Great thanks to the guys at BAM for giving me one of the necklaces worth $80!

    Design by Jude - When I saw the black fierce shoulder piece. My mouth literally dropped and I breathed and want to steal them! haha. I would totally wear it! Its so amazing! Oh and that necklace. mmm I want I want! Jude made his big publicity stunt ( hehe kind of ) when he gave a piece to Phoebe from Lady Melbourne and she wore it everywhere! If only Jude would give me that shoulder or the necklace piece. I'd prance around like the hottest thing in town in the biggest ego! hehe

    StampD - lets just cut to it. I LOVE THAT PAIR WITH THE GOLD STUDS!!!! It's so awesome hehe. They are a label based in LA and have just landed in Australia - Not even in stores yet. It already has some celebrity follows overseas.

    Vanguard- The guys behind the label are laid back and cool dudes and it's reflected in their clothes. It's something that's easy to wear day in day out but different enough for you to fit in a crowd and stand out at the same time. I like the crunched up pants!

    Lots of labels here use high quality and environmentally friendly fabrics and I give them all a big thumbs up!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews