FASHION FORWARD FESTIVAL 2010 - SYDNEY













    YOU ALL GET DOWN TO PADDINGTON TOWNHALL NOW!!!!! FASHION FORWARD FESTIVAL ! MAY 8-9th


    Well I am going to start off by saying one word AMAZING! I went with my artistic friend Louise (her blog here) and and lovely blogger friend Emily from Little Black Book coming from the relaxing bloggers meetup at The Argyle. Margaret was also there too. The usual fashion delay and what not occurred,( and my stupid camera stuffed up and couldn't take many photos! and the photo I wanted to take I couldn't! I need a photographer to teach me!! ) though that did not destroy the night. Models we're energetic and fun and the designs, like WOAH amazing! With the additional energy of dancers from So You Think You Can Dance. It was full of fun, cool, crazy people, though I did not have enough time for talking much, it was so crowded and all. Not to mention Didier Cohen and Erin Mcnaught was there! hehe and Peter Morrissey. The launch night WAS NOT ENOUGH FOR ME!!! I am going to try and go back on Sunday !!!

    Wonder Cease won the prize. Stand out designers to me were alabakov- (her designs are simplistic with a touch of Japanese- LOVE), Neon Heartache - (not a doubt a designer with dark edge- I mean if its ruby rose worthy, you gotta get it!), Gossip - ( brought old aesthetics of fabrics and renewed it with shapes and colour) Azaar (got me hooked on their pop art blazer and pants! ) Mark Basa - (bold tees and tanks - I already love the label heaps, do I need to say more?), Natina Jewellery ( I am a big fan of their limited bold jewellery pieces) and Billycock denim! - (hot washed cool jeans ), Serpent and The Swan ( attention to small detail and artistic based) There were so many other designer that I love. But don't fear! There will be individual reviews and interviews hopefully shortly.

    For now just enjoy these teaser photos more coming soon!



    ps .hehe last picture of me and Mandy Heng one designer of Mikayla Ja and her friend with our "splash of red on our shoes!"

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews